Last spring, we quit cereal. Now, one of our favorite meals is homemade pancakes with maple syrup or fresh fruit. Yummy!
Here is the recipe I use for the fluffy goodness.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Serves: 4 people
Cook Time: 20 minutes
• 1-1/2 C Flour (I mix 1/2 whole wheat, 1/2 all purpose)
• 3-1/2 t Baking Powder
• 1 t Salt
• 1 T Sugar
• 3 T Butter, melted
• 1 Egg
• 1-1/4 C Milk
• Sift together dry ingredients.
• Wisk in wet ingredients and let sit for a couple minutes to rest.
• While resting, heat pan over medium-high heat. (Optional: spray pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking.)
• Pour about 1/4 C of batter in pan. Let cook for 2-3 min (until bubbles are visible).
• Flip and cook another 1-2 min. Pancake should be golden brown and fluffy.
TIP: If the outside is getting too dark while trying to get the inside cooked, try turning down the heat a bit.